In 2018 we donated over £28,000 to local charities. This was achieved through the generosity of our insurers, our suppliers, our people and our amazing customers! In 2019 we are continue our local fundraising and trying to make as big an impact as possible.
Each of our branches will support a local charity voted for by our customers. This year our Shettleston Branch customers voted for With Kids!
The partnership will last for the whole year and include a range of support such as awareness-raising and fundraising in branch, volunteering and donations.
In 2019 we will take part in the following fundraising activities or give donations.
- Happy Easter – we played the Easter Bunny and dropped off Easter eggs for the children of those supported by With Kids
- The Glasgow Kiltwalk– to fundraise we took part in the Glasgow Kiltwalk, a 25m walk from Glasgow to Balloch on 28th April 19. Our Shettleston Branch raised an amazing total of £2,273.22. This includes Sir Tom Hunter’s generous 40% top up on everyone’s fundraising.
- Rough Runner – On Saturday 17th August, Audrey & Stacy from our Shettleston Branch took part in the Rough Runner – a 10km course at the Penicuik Estate in Edinburgh. The girls raised an amazing £600!
- BBQ Fun – On Friday 2nd August, our Shettleston Team helped out at With Kid’s family BBQ at Duke Street.
- Feedback – For every customer feedback that our Shettleston Branch receives, we will donate £1 to With Kids.
- Renewal Customers – Each of our renewal customers is offered the option to donate 50p to their branch’s charity at renewal. Last year this raised an average of £450!
Why this amazing charity was chosen:
With Kids‘ work is child centred and recognises that all families regardless of background can have difficulties but may not know how to access the right support. There may also be concerns that asking for help will result in unwanted intervention. Their services aim to provide children and their parents/carers with the tools to manage their lives effectively. Central to this work are the core concepts of building self-esteem and resilience in children and supporting parents in managing this.
Many the issues can be traced back to generational problems from early childhood, this is supported by developments in psychology and neuroscience. With Kids is based on a preventative approach that involves early intervention, working in tandem with children and families to enable the best life chances possible.