In 2018 we donated over £28,000 to local charities. This was achieved through the generosity of our insurers, our suppliers, our people and our amazing customers! In 2019 we are continue our local fundraising and trying to make as big an impact as possible.
Each of our branches will support a local charity voted for by our customers. This year our Paisley Branch customers voted for St Vincent’s Hospice!
The partnership will last for the whole year and include a range of support such as awareness-raising and fundraising in branch, volunteering and donations.
In 2019 we will take part in the following fundraising activities or give donations.
- Happy Easter – we played the Easter Bunny and dropped off chocolates for the staff and patients at the hospice.
- The Glasgow Kiltwalk– to fundraise we took part in Kiltwalk, a 25m walk from Glasgow to Balloch on 28th April 19. Our Paisley Branch raised an outstanding £3,168.12. This includes Sir Tom Hunter’s generous 40% top up on everyone’s fundraising.
- The Bubblerush – to fundraise we took part in the Bubblerush at Bellhouston Park on 5th May 19. Our Paisley Branch raised £150 for the Hospice.
- Bag Packing – On Saturday 3rd August, Maureen & Audrey from our Paisley Branch helped volunteer to bag pack at B&M in Paisley.
- Feedback – For every customer feedback that our Paisley Branch receives, we will donate £1 to St Vincent’s Hospice.
- Renewal Customers – Each of our renewal customers is offered the option to donate 50p to their branch’s charity at renewal. Last year this raised an average of £450!
Why this amazing charity was chosen:
For more than 30 years, St. Vincent’s Hospice has been providing specialist care to people and families who are affected by life limiting conditions in Renfrewshire and beyond.