In 2018 we donated over £28,000 to local charities. This was achieved through the generosity of our insurers, our suppliers, our people and our amazing customers! In 2019 we are continue our local fundraising and trying to make as big an impact as possible.
Each of our branches will support a local charity voted for by our customers. This year our Partick branch customers voted for East Park!
The partnership will last for the whole year and include a range of support such as awareness-raising and fundraising in branch, volunteering and donations.
In 2019 we will take part in the following fundraising activities or give donations.
- Happy Easter – we played the Easter Bunny and dropped off Easter eggs for the children of those supported by East Park.
- The Glasgow Kiltwalk – to fundraise we took part in the Glasgow Kiltwalk, a 25m walk from Glasgow to Balloch on 28th April 19. Our Partick Branch raised a fantastic total of £1,698.82. This includes Sir Tom Hunter’s generous 40% top up of everyone’s fundraising.
- Bouncy bouncy bouncy! – We purchased and donated trampolines for the children to enjoy!
- Open Day – On Saturday 21st September, Louise & Lorraine from our Partick Branch will be helping out at East Park School’s Open Day.
- Feedback – For every customer feedback that our Partick Branch receives, we will donate £1 to East Park.
- Renewal Customers – Each of our renewal customers is offered the option to donate 50p to their branch’s charity at renewal. Last year this raised an average of £450!
Why this amazing charity was chosen:
East Park has provided Education and Supported Accommodation services to children and young people with additional support needs, including autism, since 1874. All their services focus on the needs of the young people and encourage partnership with the child and family. Their purpose built state of the art facilities help them continuously improve our services and skills in working with children from across Scotland.