In 2018 we donated over £28,000 to local charities. This was achieved through the generosity of our insurers, our suppliers, our people and our amazing customers! In 2019 we are continue our local fundraising and trying to make as big an impact as possible.
Each of our branches will support a local charity voted for by our customers.This year our Hamilton branch customers voted for Chris’s House!
The partnership will last for the whole year and include a range of support such as awareness-raising and fundraising in branch, volunteering and donations.
In 2019 we will take part in the following fundraising activities or give donations.
- Happy Easter – we played the Easter Bunny and dropped off Easter eggs for the children of those supported by Chris’s House.
- The Glasgow Kiltwalk – to fundraise we took part in the Glasgow Kiltwalk, a 25m walk from Glasgow to Balloch on 28th April 19. Our Hamilton Branch raised a fantastic total of £1069.91.
- Walk of Hope – the Walk of Hope on 11th May 19 is a fundraising event where participants walk from 4am to sunrise taking the time to remember loved ones they have lost through suicide or show support to those affected. Our Hamilton Branch raised £514 for Chris’s House.
- Ben Lomond – on Sunday 15th September, Laura, Amanda & Lynne from our Hamilton Branch will be climbing the 974 metres high Ben Lomond to raise awareness and fundraise. Donate here >
- Feedback – for every customer feedback our Hamilton Branch receives, we will donate £1 to Chris’s House.
- Renewal Customers – Each of our renewal customers is offered the option to donate 50p to their branch’s charity at renewal. Last year this raised an average of £450!
Why this amazing charity was chosen: