Let us protect your business…
Call us on 0141 259 0088 now or request a callback using the form below.
We understand the risks facing your business and have over 40 years experience insuring a wide range of businesses from small to medium sized enterprises to individual tradesmen and professionals.
We all try to be safety conscious in the workplace, but inevitably, accidents do happen, which could result in pricey compensation claims. That’s where Public Liability Insurance comes in.
What is Public Liability Insurance?
It’s a fundamental type of business insurance, particularly if you have visitors to your premises or carry out work on customer’s homes or premises. It can cover legal costs or compensation claims if your customers, suppliers, or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage because of your business.
- Accidental damage, such as knocking over an antique vase
- Accidentally dropping a hammer on a client’s floor or a minor burn when straightening a client’s hair
- Customer inadvertently gets food poisoning from one of your dishes
What is Product Liability Insurance?
- It can cover legal costs or compensation claims if your customers, suppliers, or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage because of a product you manufactured or sold
What does Public Liability Insurance cover?
- Compensation for injury you cause to a third party during your business activities
- Medical fees
- Repair or replacement costs, for damaged property or possessions
- Legal fees, while you are defending any of these claims
Although Public Liability Insurance isn’t a legal requirement, larger clients and Government sometimes expect you to have it – hardly surprising when the average settlement on a damages claim is £13,500.
Remember if you have employees you should already have Employers Liability Insurance – which is a legal requirement. It’s worth remembering that you’re not just responsible for the safety of your staff, you’re responsible for their actions too.
Call us on 0141 259 0088 now.