Van Insurance

If you use your van for business, then unless you have the right insurance, you actually can’t drive it.

There are three main types of van insurance:

  • commercial use (for business),
  • private use (personal use)
  • vintage van use (vehicles over the age of 25).

Don’t make assumptions. If you use your van for work, then it seems like a strange idea that you cannot use it for private use, as you surely spend enough time driving around in it anyway. However, if you want to drive your van for personal use (as well as for business), then make sure you have the right insurance.

Business continuity

Having a van can be a great help to people who need it for business. But using a van can make or break your business. The main reason for this, is that if your van breaks down, it’s imperative that you have right cover, otherwise you won’t be able to do business.

If your van does break down, then you need to make sure that you have a “like for like” vehicle cover, as this will help you if your van is damaged and you can’t drive it. You’ll also want to make sure that you have breakdown cover, and this is something which can be done though your insurance broker.

You’ll probably already know what insurance you have and whether or not it’s correct. However, it doesn’t hurt to just double check things next time you speak to your broker.