The extremely cold winters of recent years have led to many businesses sustaining losses from burst pipes, weight of snow on roofs and escape of water. There are a number of simple but effective steps businesses can take to both prevent and reduce the impact of cold weather on their operations.
Check you have the following things in place so you know you can react quickly if there is a problem:
• Know the location of all stopcocks and check that they are easily accessible and in good working order
• Keep a record of the layout of all the utilities that service your business, particularly water and gas/oil
• Assemble a list of reputable local plumbers and boiler engineers and keep their details handy
• Ensure your heating system is serviced and maintained
• Consider where roofing maybe vulnerable to heavy accumulations of snow
Avoiding burst pipes…
Floodwater, even if it’s shallow, can be hazardous. Make sure you take the following precautions to keep you and your family safe from harm.
If you are unfortunate enough to sustain a burst pipe, follow the guidance below to minimise damage and interruption to your business:
Article courtesy of Covea.